UK: Southern Comfort pushed as SoCo
The US wine and spirits group has hit UK cinemas with a new campaign - 'Start things up with SoCo' to drive the name change, a term first heard in bars in the US. The campaign is part of a GBP3m (US$5.6m) war-chest set aside for Southern Comfort in the UK.
The company said the campaign would reach 8m consumers and would be featured before screenings of this summer's blockbusters including Mission Impossible III and The Da Vinci Code. The ad, which focuses on the brand's roots from New Orleans, was a "vibrant, high energy" execution, according to Southern Comfort marketing manager Neil Aitken.
He added: "As a consumer-led concept in the US, the new way of asking for a Southern Comfort drink has been incredibly popular and has helped to position the brand as credible and relevant for the LDA to 24-year-old market.
"We will continue to seed the SoCo bar call in the UK market throughout 2006. Southern Comfort cocktails will feature SoCo in their name and the bar call will be communicated through promotional activity as well as the new campaign."
Brown-Forman has reported double-digit growth in earnings per share in its second quarter, as the company continued to reap the rewards of strong growth from both its leading brands, particularly Jack...
The advisory board of the London International Wine & Spirits Fair has added to its numbers....
The announcement that Rémy Cointreau has today (23 November) served notice on its position in global distribution network Maxxium Worldwide is a little puzzling. If we take the announcement at face va...
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US....
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has appointed a new director of UK external affairs....
Brown-Forman, which produces among other brands Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort, has increased the quarterly cash dividend on its Class A and Class B Common Stock by 8.0% from 28.00 cents to 30.25...
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD), the industry-sponsored social aspects organisation, has been forced to postpone plans to set out specific guidelines on sponsorship after the member...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review