AUSTRALIA: Southcorp unveils plans for $A6.5m export centre
Southcorp Wines is to open a 10,000-container, 10m-cases-a-year wine export distribution centre in Adelaide early next year.The $A6.5m will be the focus of the company's exports to Europe, North America and Asia. At 6,400m², it will also feature a paperless warehouse management system.'It will be slightly more cost efficient (than the present system) but will be of major benefit in ensuring stock accuracy and, therefore, a high level of customer service,' the company's general manager, operations, Reuben Summerell, said.'That's important particularly in areas where there is high government control.'The centre, and an adjoining container park built at a cost of about $A5m, will be next to the Port Adelaide container and rail terminals, where wine to be shipped from Melbourne can be dispatched.Summerell said that the management system, involving radio frequency scanning of stock, would direct 'pickers' to the correct stock, ensuring that the 'right stock is put in the right container'.The centre would replace the current contract distribution system, which operated from several locations, and would handle products from Southcorp's wineries at Nuriootpa in the Barossa Valley, Karadoc in the Sunraysia, and Great Western in Victoria.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Concha y Toro sees H1 profits, sales jump - result
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review