AUSTRALIA: Southcorp "undervalued" says CEO
"Southcorp is too important a company to remain at risk with a share price substantially below where I believe the long-term value of the business lies. This is not the most difficult turnaround in corporate Australia. The things that went wrong with Southcorp were more to do with poor corporate judgment and don't affect the fundamentals of the business which remain sound," Ballard said.
Ballard said Southcorp was one f the few Australian owned consumer product companies which had the ability to compete successfully on the world stage."
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends