AUSTRALIA: Southcorp smooths fears with growth figures
Southcorp chief executive Keith Lambert used an ABN Amro conference to try and alleviate fears in the investment community about the company's performance by releasing figures that showed good growth in key markets. Lambert said Southcorp's brands had grown at two-and-a-half times the rate of the general wine market in Europe in the early part of 2002 while in the US its labels were "gaining ground at a rapid pace".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite