AUSTRALIA: Southcorp remains confident of water heaters sale
Despite global markets turmoil, Australia's Southcorp is on schedule to become a wholly wine producing company by selling its water heating operation, the business daily Financial Review reported.
AO Smith Corp, of the US, one of the main bidders, has dropped out following another purchase leaving the Japanese company Paloma as the front runner.
Paloma, which owns the Rheem brand in the US, is already conducting due diligence and the Financial Review said all bids were expected to be finalised by late October or early Novembe, with the company confident of a successful outcome, despite the chaos on global equity markets.
As earlier tracked by just-drinks, Southcorp is in the midst of massive restructuring and expansion following an acquisition of Rosemount Wines - now generally perceived as a reverse takeover, leaving Rosemount in virtual control at board and management level.
Although it leads the market in Australia and is a major in America, sale of the water heating arm - a legacy of earlier corporate upheavals - is seen as a distraction to Southcorp's aim to be a wine producer of global significance.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts