AUSTRALIA: Southcorp merger to thwart spirit giant takeover, says CEO
The CEO of the newly merged wine business of Southcorp and Rosemount Wines said today that the merger had gone ahead to stop the world's spirits giants mounting a takeover bid of the Southcorp business. Chief executive Keith Lambert said: "The major spirit companies had operated to their head room after the Seagram sale so wine would start to attract the spirits companies. This we felt would be detrimental to Australian wine and detrimental to us in a supply and distribution sense.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter