USA: Southcorp executives touring US wineries
Southcorp confirmed today that its president and CEO, Graham Kraehe and Tom Park, MD of Southcorp Wines, are in California for talks with a number of US wine companies.E&J Gallo and Kendall-Jackson were among the companies being visited, a Southcorp spokesman said, the primary purpose being for Park, who has been head of Southcorp Wines, for only five months, to meet US wine industry leaders.just-drinks.com reported yesterday that Kraehe and Park were in the US with Kendall-Jackson in their sights.The visit comes only a week after Foster's Brewing Group announced that it was acquiring California's Beringer Wines to merge with Mildara Blass.Southcorp was widely tipped industry leaders to be the front-runner for Beringer in the race to forge the first major US-Australia deal as part of globalisation of the industry. Several have expressed surprise that Foster's won the race.BRL Hardy, also reported to have been interested in Beringer, is now understood to believe that it can expand globally on its own and via joint ventures.CLARIFICATION: Robert Mondavi Wines, as reported in just-drinks.com yesterday, held talks in Australia last week with both BRL Hardy and Rosemount Wines about joint venture opportunities but no deals were finalized. The US company is understood to have kept its options open and not switched negotiations from BRL Hardy to Rosemount, as was indicated.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends