AUSTRALIA: Southcorp CEO, Graham Kraehe to stand down
Graham Kraehe, CEO of Australian wine, packaging and heating giant Southcorp, has decided to stand down once the sale of the company's packaging division is complete. Tom Park, CEO of Southcorp Wines has been named as his successor.Although Kraehe's decision to quit has come as no surprise, it has come earlier than many industry followers expected. He has been CEO for six years.His decision to depart, once the sale of the packaging division is in place, has prompted rumours that a deal is only a few weeks away, and Southcorp's share price jumped to A$5.00 from A$4.86 on the news.However, just-drinks has been told that the review of the packaging division will not be complete until the end of the year. Furthermore, Kraehe will not leave until the chosen strategy has been implemented. This will probably mean he will stand down sometime close to the end of the company's financial year in June.Park, formerly of Kraft Foods, has only been with Southcorp since March. However, in this time it is believed he has already completed a strategic review of Southcorp's strategy and concluded that its wine labels should be reduced from 1000 to around 800.Park's international brand management experience was considered ideal to grow profits from Southcorp's brands, including Penfold's and Lindeman's, Southcorp chairman Rick Allert said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report