AUSTRALIA: Southcorp CEO, Graham Kraehe to stand down
Graham Kraehe, CEO of Australian wine, packaging and heating giant Southcorp, has decided to stand down once the sale of the company's packaging division is complete. Tom Park, CEO of Southcorp Wines has been named as his successor.Although Kraehe's decision to quit has come as no surprise, it has come earlier than many industry followers expected. He has been CEO for six years.His decision to depart, once the sale of the packaging division is in place, has prompted rumours that a deal is only a few weeks away, and Southcorp's share price jumped to A$5.00 from A$4.86 on the news.However, just-drinks has been told that the review of the packaging division will not be complete until the end of the year. Furthermore, Kraehe will not leave until the chosen strategy has been implemented. This will probably mean he will stand down sometime close to the end of the company's financial year in June.Park, formerly of Kraft Foods, has only been with Southcorp since March. However, in this time it is believed he has already completed a strategic review of Southcorp's strategy and concluded that its wine labels should be reduced from 1000 to around 800.Park's international brand management experience was considered ideal to grow profits from Southcorp's brands, including Penfold's and Lindeman's, Southcorp chairman Rick Allert said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends