US: Southcorp appoints US marketing boss
Southcorp Wines, Australia's largest winemaker has bolstered its US drive by appointing a US marketing manager.
The company said it had made Douglas E. Rogers senior vice president marketing, in a statement today. He will be based in Southcorp's Napa, California headquarters.
"In this critical role, Doug will oversee and direct brand building efforts in The Americas for all of Southcorp's brands, including the three core brands, Penfolds, Rosemount Estate and Lindemans, as well as Southcorp's five boutique Australian wineries, Wynns Coonawarra Estate, Coldstream Hills, Devils Lair, Seaview and Seppelt," the statement said.
"I am very happy to welcome Doug to Southcorp. He has extensive experience in all aspects of the marketing mix and has a deep understanding of wine and the business of wine. He will play an important and integral part in taking our brands to the next level in the Americas," said Thomas P. Burnet, president & CEO of Southcorp Wines, The Americas.
"I am excited about the opportunity to work with leading global brands that are so well established in their home and other key markets around the world," said Rogers. "I believe there is still a great opportunity for Australian wines in the Americas. Brand building efforts have only really just begun in this exploding category and the portfolio Southcorp offers is unbeatable in my opinion."
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
Samuel Adams Brewery has secured a production deal with Brown-Forman....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends