AUSTRALIA: Southcorp announces operations review
reverse take-over by Rosemount.
Chief executive Keith Lambert, formerly of Rosemount, said it would be completed by the end of the year and would concentrate on restructuring within Australia and possibly acquisition of a small Californian winery with under-developed brands.
Lambert did not put a figure on anticipated savings but said they would be in addition to the A$50m (US$26m) which flowed from the initial four month restructuring.
Southcorp is also expected to receive about A$700m from the sale of its water heating division which is now in progress.
The World Market for Wine 2001
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1