AUSTRALIA: Southcorp announces A$59m in merger write-downs and costs
The Australian wine group Southcorp has announced write-downs of A$45m (US$23m) in wine inventory folowing the merger with Rosemount Wines. Chief executive Keith Lambert also said that previously announced wine group redundancies of 150 people, costing A$10.5m in the fiscal year just ended, had occurred and normal merger costs to effect the integration, costing a further A$4.0m, would be charged against fiscal 2001
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director