SOUTH AFRICA: South African e-commerce site sees $200,000 of sales in open weeks
An internet bulk wine broking company based in Paarl, South Africa has sold R1.5 million ($194,805) worth of wine in its first three weeks of trading. More than 40 wine producers throughout the Cape have started using WineTrader, which is linked to wine.co.za, a retail e-commerce website. The site has already attracted 56 local and international buyers and, like the number of Cape producers using the site, is growing on a daily basis, said Gert Bormans, MD of WineTrader.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch