SOUTH AFRICA: South African Breweries appoints director of communications
Chaloner assumes overall responsibility for SAB's public, media and investor communications. He will be based in London and reports to SAB group chief executive Graham Mackay.
"The appointment of a senior communications professional will help leverage the strong corporate image we enjoy in South Africa into other markets," said Mackay. "Nick has considerable communications expertise, gained over many years in both agency and in-house roles. We are confident he will make a real difference to our global communications activity."
Chalenor has previously been director of corporate affairs at Abbey National as well as working for nine years in international public relations consultancy Hill & Knowlton, where he was executive vice president. During his career in consultancy he led the Athens 2004 Olympic bid communications campaign and launched Pizza Hut in Moscow.
A recent decision by the US Supreme Court will lead to a loosening of regulations regarding direct wine shipments to consumers in many states. David Robertson asks if the ruling could precipitate furt...
Disappointing second quarter results from Anheuser-Busch were far from well received by investment analysts who believe the brewer is making mistakes and more importantly failing to heed their warning...
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The hunt for the ultimate sports drink may be at an end....
South African Breweries has defended a controversial redundancy package covering a group of former workers who claimed the deal was signed without their approval....
Former workers at South African Breweries have slammed the country's Food and Allied Workers Union for agreeing to redundancy package without their approval....
Morgan Stanley has resumed coverage of SABMiller....
The Distell Group has advised its investors on the JSE Securities Exchange that, compared to 2003/4, its earnings per share and headline earnings would increase by between 25% and 35% for the year to ...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages