SOUTH AFRICA: South African agave drink to rival Tequila
The past two decades have witnessed the wine industry being turned on its head by the invasion of new world producers, is Mexico's historic Tequila industry due to suffer a similar fate? As Tequila's agave shortage continues to impact on foreign and domestic markets, the launch of Blue Agave from South Africa couldn't be more acutely timed. This 100% agave product - crafted from blue agave americana as opposed to the blue agave weber solely allowed for Tequila production - will be released to markets in North America, Europe and South Africa this July and August.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends