SOUTH AFRICA: South African agave drink to rival Tequila
The past two decades have witnessed the wine industry being turned on its head by the invasion of new world producers, is Mexico's historic Tequila industry due to suffer a similar fate? As Tequila's agave shortage continues to impact on foreign and domestic markets, the launch of Blue Agave from South Africa couldn't be more acutely timed. This 100% agave product - crafted from blue agave americana as opposed to the blue agave weber solely allowed for Tequila production - will be released to markets in North America, Europe and South Africa this July and August.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory