US: Sonoma County Vintners appoints director
The Sonoma County Vintners (SCV) has appointed an executive director. The marketing organisation confirmed yesterday (17 January) that Honore Comfort will assume the position following a nationwide search by recruitment firm Benchmark Consulting.
Comfort's success in the global wine industry combined with her strategic non-profit management and fundraising experience, were critical to the board's final decision, SCV said.
"Sonoma County is a world-class wine region," said Chris Hanna, SCV president, "and Honore Comfort's appointment better positions SCV to significantly increase our visibility in the media, drive more traffic to member wineries, and help augment the perceived value of the wines produced here in Sonoma County."
Comfort, a Sonoma County resident, has worked for over five years as a senior strategist on domestic and imported wine brands including Australian brands Penfolds and Rosemount Estate, both owned by Foster's Wine Estates.
The Sonoma County Vintners (formerly the Sonoma County Wineries Association) is a non-profit marketing organisation dedicated to the promotion of Sonoma County wines and wineries, and represents over 170 member wineries.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends