UK: Somerfield to launch Chile, Argentina own-labels
UK retailer Somerfield is to sell two own-label wine ranges from South America.
The company, in tandem with brand consultants Vibrandt, has created two own-label brands; Dios de Sol from Argentina and Caballito from Chile.
Angela Mount, senior wine buyer at Somerfield, said: "Somerfield's mission is to over-deliver on quality at every price point. At the point of purchase consumers need simplicity, clarity and they need to trust the quality."
Dios del Sol will be available in Somerfield stores at the end of the month, while the Caballito range will be launched early next year.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future