Product Launch - UK: Sogrape Vinhos's Mateus Light
Sogrape Vinhos's Mateus Light range
Sogrape Vinhos's Mateus Light
Category - Wine, Portuguese, 5.5% abv
Available - Expected this summer; unveiled at London Wine Fair this week
Location - UK
Price - SRP of GBP4.99 (US$8.37) for still rosé and white; GBP6.99 for sparkling rosé
Distribution - Stevens Garnier
Sogrape Vinhos has launched a lower-abv version of its Mateus brand in the UK.
The Portuguese wine producer said today (5 June) that Mateus Light is aimed at attracting consumers in the young adult category. The extension “broadens the brand’s market presence in a way which is relevant to consumer demand”, Sogrape’s UK agency, Stevens Garnier, said.
The new range - a still rosé, white and sparkling rosé - is part of Sogrape's GBP2m brand investment in the UK.
A spokesperson for the brand said Mateus Light will initially roll out in the UK, with other markets to follow.
The low-abv range comes in the wake of another Mateus extension, Mateus Expressions, which was launched in March.
The Future of the Spirits Market in Portugal to 2018
Summary • The Future of the Spirits Market in Portugal to 2018 is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research covering the Spirits market in Portugal. • The report presents detailed data on th...read more
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads