UK: Sogrape Vinhos unveils Mateus Rose Kanga pack for UK
Sogrape Vinhos is launching a 'Kanga Pack' version of its Mateus Rosé wine brand in the UK off-trade.
The company said today (18 March) that the pack will feature an 18.7cl bottle of Mateus Tempranillo Rosé banded to the front of its original 75cl 'cantil' bottle of Mateus Rosé in an effort to encourage consumers to try its range.
The pack, which will bear the phrase 'Try Me Free', has been designed to allow consumers to sample its varietal wines, beginning with the rosé, followed by Mateus Shiraz Rosé later this year.
Sograpes' distribution in the UK is handled by First Drinks Brands.
"When Kanga was fittingly first launched in Australia and then later in Spain, it was hugely popular and far more effective than the run of the mill price promotions, which consumers have become used to," said Anthony Habert, senior brand manager for Mateus Rosé at First Drinks.
"As price promotions become deeper and deeper in order to grab consumers' attention, Kanga stands out as a responsible and innovative mechanic to encourage trial. Brands are key to the growth of rosé within the UK and as the fourth best selling rosé in the country, Mateus Rosé's programme of consumer driven innovation will be crucial in supporting this increase in demand."
Mateus Rosé Kanga Pack will be available from April in stores including Somerfield, Booker, Landmark, Rhythm & Booze, CJ Lang and Botterills.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch