UK: Sogrape Vinhos takes Mateus Rosé distribution in-house
Mateus Rosé has been handled by First Drinks since 2000
Stevens Garnier is to take over UK distribution of Sogrape Vinhos' Mateus Rosé, ending First Drinks Brands' 13-year partnership with the Portuguese wine brand.
The Oxford-based distributor, which was acquired by Sogrape Vinhos in 2011, will handle Mateus Rosé from 1 October, it was announced yesterday (2 September). Sogrape president, Salvador Guedes, called the transfer a “natural step”, but it is not immediately clear why Sogrape Vinhos has made the switch.
Nobody from the company was available for comment.
First Drinks, which has distributed the brand since 2000, said it will work to ensure the change is “a smooth and seamless exercise”.
Sogrape Vinhos last year celebrated Mateus Rosé's 70th birthday with only its second bottle redesign since its launch.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research