Product Launch - UK: Sogrape Vinhos' Mateus Expressions range
Click through to view Sogrape Vinhos' Mateus Expressions range
Sogrape Vinhos' Mateus Expressions
Category – Wine, blends
Available – From this month
Location - UK, in off-trade and multiple on-trade
Price – SRP of GBP7.99 (US$13.30) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Stevens Garnier
Sogrape Vinhos has launched four line extensions for its Mateus wine brand. The Expressions range comprises three rosé wines - Baga & Shiraz (12.5% abv), Baga & Muscat (11.5% abv) and Aragonez & Zinfandel (10.5% abv) - and one white wine - a Maria Gomes & Chardonnay blend (12% abv).
Mateus is a household brand name with 1.4 million consumers in the UK* who trust this well-known wine producer to supply the style they enjoy and the quality and value they expect.
Now, with the aim of providing new consumers, as well as loyal Mateus drinkers, with the reassurance of the Mateus name along with the familiarity of wine styles they recognise, a new range Mateus ‘Expressions’ has been launched, offering four wines which combine Portuguese and international varietals.
The Mateus brand was first developed in 1942 by Sogrape, Portugal’s leading family owned fine wine company. The first wine launched was Mateus Rosé, a completely new style and a major innovation in the wine world at the time. Mateus rapidly became a consumer favourite around the world, and it has held this position for over 70 years . Mateus Sparkling was introduced 6 years ago and also enjoys a strong international consumer following. Mateus ‘Expressions’ is the latest development from this dynamic brand, delivering completely new blends and offering consumers refreshing rosé and white wine styles, presented in clear Bordeaux shaped bottles with a contemporary label design.
Matt Douglas, Managing Director of Sogrape’s UK agency Stevens Garnier states “Our research shows that Mateus has exceptionally strong brand recognition in the UK and we feel that, as one of the leading wine brands in this market, we have an opportunity to present some of the most interesting Portuguese wine varietals in a contemporary and relevant way through our new range, Mateus ‘Expressions’.”
Mateus ‘Expressions’ consists of three rosé wines - Baga & Shiraz, Baga & Muscat and Aragonez & Zinfandel - and one white wine - a Maria Gomes & Chardonnay blend. In developing a range of wines using international and Portuguese varietal blends, Mateus aims to provide consumers with a range of innovative styles to suit all tastes and to provide new interest and depth to the rosé and Portuguese categories. All wines have an RRP of £7.99 and were presented on Wednesday 5th March at the UK’s annual Wines of Portugal trade tasting.
Mateus continues to be one of the world’s leading wine brands and remains a key focus for Sogrape with a £2 million brand investment in Mateus this year in the UK.
Original source: Company Release
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends