PORTUGAL: Sogrape profits leap 81%
The Portuguese winemaker Sogrape has reported a consolidated net profit of €20.7m (US$25.4m) in 2003, a jump of 81% compared to a year before.
Turnover reached €170m, up by 15%. The company attributed the rise in principal to the port wine and sherry maker Sandeman. Sogrape acquired Sandeman in 2002.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation were €34.7m.
The Port industry is currently facing a period of considerable change and adjustment. Innovation and evolving a modern, viable industry structure are seen as vital if Port is to compete effectively in...
An innovative fermented lemonade produced by a small Bavarian brewer is one of the more unlikely brand success stories of recent times, but Bionade has taken the Hamburg club scene by storm, earning i...
Three Port shippers are for sale as consolidation continues to bite in the Douro Valley....
After almost 20 years of talks, US and European Community (EC) negotiators have announced an agreement on key provisions of the wine trade....
A brewer in Germany claims to have produced the world's strongest beer. ...
Drinks group Maxxium Canada is set to become the third largest spirits company in Canada, following the addition of four new brands resulting from the recent acquisition of some Allied Domecq brands b...
Europe's producers of Champagne, Port and Sherry have joined winemakers from Napa Valley, Oregon, and Washington State in signing a declaration of joint principles stating the importance of location t...
Leading US and European wine regions are to sign a declaration to protect and promote "location" within the wine industry, the Office Of Champagne in the US said yesterday (18 July)....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends