Sogrape introduces Mateus rosé app
Sogrape gave Mateus a GBP1.5m push in the UK
Sogrape's UK unit has launched an app for its Portuguese rosé brand, Mateus, that aims to show consumers how to serve the wine correctly.
'Mateus Perfect Serve' lets users know when their bottle of Mateus is at the correct temperature. The app is available on IOS and Android.
Users select the style of Mateus wine they are drinking, the approximate room temperature and where they are chilling the wine and then an alarm will go off when the wine is ready to serve.
The move forms part of Sogrape's GBP1.5m (US$2m) push in the UK market for 2016. The Portuguese port, brandy and wine company described the UK as one of its "largest and most important markets".
Sogrape Group owns around 830 hectares of vineyards in Portugal.
Earlier this year, Sogrape named Gonçalo Sousa Machado as the new managing director of its UK division.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report