Sogrape introduces Mateus rosé app
Sogrape gave Mateus a GBP1.5m push in the UK
Sogrape's UK unit has launched an app for its Portuguese rosé brand, Mateus, that aims to show consumers how to serve the wine correctly.
'Mateus Perfect Serve' lets users know when their bottle of Mateus is at the correct temperature. The app is available on IOS and Android.
Users select the style of Mateus wine they are drinking, the approximate room temperature and where they are chilling the wine and then an alarm will go off when the wine is ready to serve.
The move forms part of Sogrape's GBP1.5m (US$2m) push in the UK market for 2016. The Portuguese port, brandy and wine company described the UK as one of its "largest and most important markets".
Sogrape Group owns around 830 hectares of vineyards in Portugal.
Earlier this year, Sogrape named Gonçalo Sousa Machado as the new managing director of its UK division.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts