PORTUGAL: Sogrape adds Chateau Los Boldos to stable
Sogrape has followed its recent acquisition of Framingham in New Zealand with a further New World purchase.
The Portugal-based company confirmed to just-drinks today (25 February) that it has bought Chateau Los Boldos in Chile. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Chateau Los Boldos is quite prominent in the Asia markets, and we're hoping to use the brand's presence there to increase the profile of other Sogrape brands," the spokesperson told just-drinks. "Conversely, in more traditional markets, such as the UK, Chateau Los Boldos is less well-known. With our experience in such markets, we believe we can build the brand here."
Chateau Los Boldos owns 270 hectares in Chile and is targeting production of around 130,000 nine-litre boxes in 2007. The company's sales are split 20% domestically and 80% on export markets.
The spokesperson for Sogrape said the company is also hoping to create synergies between Chateau Los Boldos and its operations in neighbouring Argentina, where the company owns the Finca Flichman wine brand.
Gloomy talk of a global economic slowdown have so far failed to dilute growth in the US vodka category. One of the better known contenders in the segment - if only for its ocean blue-coloured bottle -...
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the executive team for its recently-acquired Vin & Sprit Absolut Spirits....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard is to re-introduce its Hiram Walker Pumpkin Spice limited edition along with newcomer Hiram Walker Gingerbread Liqueur to the US....
Canadian spirits group Corby Distilleries said its focus on premium sectors had paid off with a 6% revenue rise over the last year....
Pernod Ricard has said its Argentinean wine brand Graffigna is to become a leading player in the group's wine portfolio in the UK....
Pernod Ricard has said the first stage of an upgrade to facilities at its Champagne Mumm winery will be ready for the new harvest....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report