CHILE: Soft drinks sales surge
Sales in the third quarter of 2003 rose 7.2% to 376m litres, compared to the same period of 2002.
The impressive sales growth in the third quarter builds on the 5.4% growth recorded in the second quarter and reflects the industry's strong recovery, after a poor start to 2003.
The soft drinks industry has experienced overall sales growth of 3.5% to date this year, and is aiming to achieve 3.5-4.5% growth by year-end. This would be equivalent to total consumption of 1,600m litres and overall sales of US$800m.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts