PHILIPPINES: Soft drinks manufacturers suffer as unrest continues
Industry sources in the Philippines are saying unrest in the large, southern island of Mindanao has shaken consumer confidence and soft drink manufacturers are suffering.Apparently in the past two months there have been about 30 bombings and frequent kidnappings and according to sources: "The fear of kidnapping is very real and the unrest has made distribution of goods extremely difficult."Three typhoons in the past 12 days has put much of the country under water and with an economy apparently sluggish and even receding, manufacturers of consumer goods are suffering.Business analysts are still casting doubt over rumours that Coca-Cola Amatil may sell its Philippines business to one of its major shareholders the San Miguel Corp.According to analysts both San Miguel and the Coca-Cola Co. could face massive losses on their CCA shareholdings because of the sharp deterioration in CCA's share price over the past 12 months. Apparently if the rumours are true, it would leave CCA cashed up, but without exposure to major developing markets and long term earnings growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research