TURKEY: Soft drinks boost Anadolu Efes H1 volumes
Anadolu Efes, the Tureky-based drinks group, has reported a 4% rise in volume sales for the first half of 2009.
A 2.3% rise in domestic beer sales by volume and a near 14% increase in soft drinks volumes drove growth in the six months to the end of June, Anadolu Efes said yesterday (14 July).
Total beer volume sales fell by 2% for the period, compared to the same six months of last year.
The slip reflected a 4.6% volume sales slip at Efes Breweries International, which is 70%-owned by Anadolu Efes and has suffered from a lower consumer spending in Russia.
Soft drinks volumes were boosted by Coca-Cola Icecek, which is 50.3%-owned by Anadolu Efes and which also this reported a volume sales rise of nearly 14% for the first half of the year.
Anadolu Efes posted an increase in net profit today (12 November) and increased its volumes for the first nine months of the year....
A consumer shift to lower priced beers damaged net sales at Efes Breweries International in the first nine months of 2009, but cost savings enabled the brewer to improve profits....
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Coca-Cola Life US launch fails to ignite
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits