FINLAND: Soft drinks body pulls drinks from schools
Panimoliitto, Finland's brewing and soft drinks industry central organisation, has agreed not to market soft drinks in the country to children under the age of 12.
The body said today (16 January) that it has signed up to the Finnish government's Child Obesity Initiative (COI). Coca-Cola Finland and PepsiCo Nordic Finland, who are not members of the organisation, have also signed up to the COI.
Under Panimoliitto's agreement with the Ministry of Health and Social Services, the industry has agreed to remove all soft drinks product ads from secondary school vending machines by the end of this year. The machines will subsequently offer a a selection consisting of a minimum of 50% sugar-free drinks and an increased choice of low-calorie drinks.
"Panimoliitto takes the health of the nation seriously and wants to do its part in solving problems linked to obesity," said Panimoliito's chief executive, Timo Jaatinen.
A group of soft drink manufacturers have settled a class-action lawsuit which alleged that their products contained ingredients that could form cancer-causing benzene. The settlement by the soft drink...
Groupe Danone has sold its Danao brand to French cider company Cidreries du Calvados la Fermiere (CCLF)....
A leading US politician has questioned whether food and drinks companies will voluntarily combat the issue of rising child obesity in the country....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has posted a leap in profits for its second quarter....
Groupe Danone has refused to comment on reports claiming that PepsiCo remains interested in buying the French food company....
The Argentinean brewer Quilmes Industrial is to invest US$100m this year in increasing production and expanding its sales network. The brewer said it was also increasing investment in technological in...
Local Pepsi bottler Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines Inc., which holds the Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) licence for the Philippines, is planning a share offering which it hopes will raise around PHP6.9bn...
Growing consumer interest in maintaining a healthy diet and participating in sporting activities will contribute to growth in the functional sports drinks (FSD) category over the next five years, acco...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review