SodaStream's Spirit changed to Fizzi for US
SodaStream Fizzi launched in the US this month
SodaStream has renamed its latest sparkling water maker ahead of a nation-wide launch in the US.
The company announced the machine earlier this year under the name Spirit. Earlier this week, SodaStream said the product would now roll out under the US-specific name Fizzi.
The machine carries a lower price tag than the company's current machines - US$79.99 compared to $99 for the core Source product. "The Fizzi is also the company's slimmest, most space-efficient design, engineered with the modern kitchen, and dorm room, in mind," SodaStream said.
The company described the entry-level Fizzi's starter pack price as "consumer friendly".
"The Fizzi was developed to bring the ease and joy of preparing fresh sparkling water at home to more people at an accessible price point," said Daniel Birnbaum, SodaStream's CEO. "When you think of how much you'd pay for 60 litres of sparkling water from a store, you'd realise that the Fizzi is practically free."
Birnbaum said the move was a response to consumer trends towards sustainability and wellness.
Earlier this year, the company said the entry-level machine would enjoy a global launch in 2017.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK