US: SodaStream unveils Welch's tie-up
SodaStream also has partnerships with Kraft and Ocean Spray
SodaStream has teamed up with US grape-juice maker Welch’s to launch a line of concentrates for its carbonation machines.
The deal should see co-branded products released in the second half of this year, SodaStream said yesterday (29 January). It mirrors agreements SodaStream has with other US juice makers Ocean Spray and Kraft Foods that has seen a range of new SodaStream flavours released over the past two years.
Of the latest tie-up, SodaStream said: “This relationship further expands our strategy to bring the best food and beverage names into the fast-growing SodaStream family, where consumers are turning to make smarter choices about the bubbly beverages they drink.”
Massachusetts-based Welch's is family-owned and produces a range of fruit-based products, including grape juices.
SodaStream last week was forced to remove its Super Bowl advert, featuring model and actress Scarlett Johansson, from next month's event after US broadcaster Fox rejected it. The company claimed that Fox made the decision because of a “fear of reprisal” from the Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo, which are mentioned in the ad.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends