ISRAEL/US: SodaStream tight-lipped on PepsiCo rumours
SodaStream enjoyed a strong 2012
SodaStream has declined to comment on a report PepsiCo is in talks to buy the Israeli company for US$2bn.
PepsiCo has already made an offer for the company, and may agree to a higher price, Reuters reported today (6 June), citing Israel's Calcalist financial newspaper. SodaStream is also “checking its options” with the Coca-Cola Co over a possible deal, Reuters reported.
However, in a statement to just-drinks, SodaStream said: “The company does not comment on rumours and speculation.”
Officials at Coca-Cola were not immediately available for comment. PepsiCo said the report is "completely and totally untrue".
In premarket trading on the NASDAQ this morning, SodaStream's shares were up by 25%.
The company, which sells flavour concentrate for its own-brand fizzy drinks machines, posted a 60% jump in net profits in February's full-year results and a 51% sales increase as it extended its reach in the US.
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward....
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Comment - What on Earth is a Liqueur?
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future