US: SodaStream, Sunny Delight Beverages sign flavours deal
SodaStream will soon face competition from the Coca-Cola Co
SodaStream has signed a co-branding deal with Sunny Delight Beverages Co for the use of the US firm's flavours in its soft drinks machines.
Sunny Delight will make its branded flavours available to SodaStream under the agreement announced today (3 March). Israel-based SodaStream will develop SunnyD Tangy Original Orange, Orange-Strawberry and other flavours for use in its carbonation machines.
The co-branded products are expected to be launched in the US during the second half of this year. No financial details have been disclosed.
Last month, SodaStream's shares jumped on news the Coca-Cola Co was to collaborate with the makers of the Keurig brewing system on an at-home cold-beverage carbonation machine. At the time, SodaStream said it welcomed the competition as it proved the “enormity of the global opportunity” for its business model.
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
After declining in 2009 during the “Great Recession”, off-trade volume sales of bottled water have continued to grow between 2010 and 2013. Off-trade volume sales grew by 6% in 2013 which is double th...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review