ISRAEL: SodaStream in buyout talks - report
SodaStream has been the subject of recent takeover speculation
SodaStream is in talks with an investment firm keen to take the company private in a US$828m deal, according to a media report.
The Israeli-based company, which went public in 2010, has not reached a final agreement and talks could still fall apart, Bloomberg said yesterday citing sources close to the matter. SodaStream's share price jumped by about 17% on the reports and is currently about 8% higher than Wednesday's close.
SodaStream has yet to respond to a request for comment from just-drinks.
A number of groups are reportedly interested in investing in SodaStream, including Starbucks, which in April was rumoured to be looking to take a 10% stake in the firm.
Bloomberg also said yesterday that “several private-equity funds” have been looking at SodaStream for a leveraged buyout.
Sodastream Canada in Soft Drinks (Canada)
Euromonitor International Local Company Profiles are a concise set of briefings detailing the strategic direction taken by a company. Discover key contact details, the company background and their com...read more
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future