ISRAEL: SodaStream appoints chief commercial officer
The company has created the role of chief commercial officer
SodaStream has expanded its executive team by appointing a chief commercial officer, a newly-created role.
Yoram Evan, the former CEO of Moscow department store Tsvetnoy Central Market, took up the role “late last month”, a SodaStream spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (29 April). Evan, who also served as CFO for real estate development company RGI International while in his last position, will report to SodaStream's CEO, Daniel Birnbaum.
He is charged with overseeing commercial strategy and "P&L execution", the company said.
“He (Evan) brings a strong combination of sales, marketing and financial expertise that will help fuel our next phase of global growth,” said Birnbaum.
Shares in the Israel-headquartered group jumped last week after speculation that Starbucks was in talks to take a 10% stake in the firm.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends