US: SodaStream appoints Americas GM
SodaStream has a new executive to lead its Americas team
SodaStream International has hired a general manager for its Americas business as it eyes growth in the region.
Scott Guthrie, previously with Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment, has started today (2 December) in the newly-created role to oversee the group's operations in North and South America. Guthrie, who has also worked for Walt Disney, will report to SodaStream's CEO, Daniel Birnbaum.
Yonah Lloyd, the company's chief corporate development & communications officer, told just-drinks today: “Scott's appointment strengthens our exective team to ensure effective growth over the coming years (in the Americas).”
Last month, the company said it will be using February's Super Bowl to launch its new global ad campaign. During this year's Super Bowl, the company was forced to change its advertising as it was deemed disrespectful to its rivals Coca-Cola and PepsiCo.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, explores medicinal water, a segment of the bottled water category that, whilst offering undeniable health benefits, has been largely rejected by the global consumer....
In this month's look at sustainability issues in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argues that, however much has been done in the past in this arena. there is always more that can - and should - be done...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017