US: SodaStream appoints Americas GM
SodaStream has a new executive to lead its Americas team
SodaStream International has hired a general manager for its Americas business as it eyes growth in the region.
Scott Guthrie, previously with Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment, has started today (2 December) in the newly-created role to oversee the group's operations in North and South America. Guthrie, who has also worked for Walt Disney, will report to SodaStream's CEO, Daniel Birnbaum.
Yonah Lloyd, the company's chief corporate development & communications officer, told just-drinks today: “Scott's appointment strengthens our exective team to ensure effective growth over the coming years (in the Americas).”
Last month, the company said it will be using February's Super Bowl to launch its new global ad campaign. During this year's Super Bowl, the company was forced to change its advertising as it was deemed disrespectful to its rivals Coca-Cola and PepsiCo.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, explores medicinal water, a segment of the bottled water category that, whilst offering undeniable health benefits, has been largely rejected by the global consumer....
In this month's look at sustainability issues in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argues that, however much has been done in the past in this arena. there is always more that can - and should - be done...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China