SENEGAL: Société Industrielle Agro-Alimentaire granted EUR5m loan
Senegal's Société Industrielle Agro-Alimentaire has secured a EUR5m (US$6.9m) loan to help boost its presence across west Africa.
The company, which owns the Kirene mineral water brand, learned earlier this week that the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) has pledged the loan, which will “help SIAGRO grow operations in west Africa, expand employment, and increase business opportunities for farmers and distributors.”
IFC west & central Africa director Saran Kebet-Koulibaly said the move would create “a wider distribution of affordable juices for … Senegal and … west Africa”, creating 450 jobs.
SIAGRO commands a 70% share of Senegal's soft drinks market. It also produces Pressea nectar juice and started bottling Minute Maid juice in the country last month under licence from The Coca-Cola Co.
The company employs 350 people in western Senegal’s Thiès region.
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
In 2013, off-trade value sales of concentrates grew by 10% to reach US$1.8 billion, while off-trade volume sales of liquid concentrates grew by 34% to reach 18 million litres. The liquid concentrates ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research