POLAND: Sobieski Bialystok talks deadline extended
The Polish Treasury Ministry has extended the period of its exclusive negotiations with Sobieski Dystrybucja. The company now has until Wednesday (8 June) to secure the purchase of the 61% stake in vodka maker Polmos Bialystok.
Sobieski Dystrybucja will need to demonstrate its ability to finance the purchase of the majority stake in Bialystok, as well as confirm that it can appropriately address publicly-voiced concerns of the employees and minority shareholder interest of Polmos Bialystok.
Last week, staff at Bialystok wrote to the Treasury Minister, saying that the fact that Sobieski already owns competing brands would lead to "brand cannibalism."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets