US: SoBe, Planet Smoothie sign smoothie collaboration
The Planet Smoothie chain and Pepsi subsidiary South Beach Beverage are set to collaborate on a line of energy smoothies in the US.
The three flavours being rolled out this month at all Planet Smoothie locations are 'Tropical Twister', 'Manic Mango', and 'Orange Fever', the companies said late last week. Each is infused with SoBe's popular caffeinated energy drink Adrenaline Rush, and will target active consumers with "specific needs such as low sugar or high protein", said Planet Smoothie VP Chris McCracken.
"This line of energy smoothies combines our real-fruit beverages with a shot of energy, with no compromises on taste," he said.
Consumers can also add need-specific nutritional supplements to any drink with eight varieties of 'Blasts', each targeting a unique focus, including the Women-Only and Fat Burner.
Rising obesity statistics make alarming reading for governments and for the drinks industry. While politicians look to improve the effectiveness of their policies in this area, writes Annette Farr, wi...
Notwithstanding a disappointing performance from carbonates in 2006 as a result of a C02 shortage, recent years have seen strong growth in the South African soft drinks market. Richard Corbett of rese...
Growing consumer interest in the health-enhancing properties of exotic fruits has proved a significant boon for the soft drinks industry. Most of these superfruits end up in juice form, writes Shane S...
Ocean Spray has launched a line of vitamin-infused energy drinks in the US....
The Playboy brand group and Play Beverages have announced the roll-out of an energy drink under the Playboy brand....
American Enterprise Development Corporation (AEDC) is looking to up its presence on the American Football scene in the US....
Cott Corporation has teamed up with a subsidiary of Crown Holdings to launch an energy drink in the UK and Europe based on the '24' television series....
Redux Beverages has relaunched its controversial energy drink, Cocaine, which was withdrawn following a warning from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last year....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research