USA: Snapple sales rise 10%
US-based Triarc has announced its subsidiary Snapple Beverage Group is heading for an IPO and its first quarter sales show a 10% increase, fuelling a 26% EBITDA increase to US$14m.This reflects continued brand strength at Snapple, Stewart's, Royal Crown and Arbys, compared to the first quarter 1999, with total adjusted EBITDA increasing 14% to US$29.6m.Excluding unusual and non-recurring items, first quarter 2000 net income was US$2.7m compared with first quarter 1999 net loss of US$13.3m.The improvement in earnings per share (EPS) reflects the strong operating trends as well as increased investment income.Commenting on the results, Nelson Peltz, chairman and CEO of Triarc said: "Snapple and Stewart's continue to post excellent volume gains. Our beverage distribution operations posted strong results and we are optimistic about the potential for improvement at both Mistic and Royal Crown."Royal Crown's first quarter EBITDA increased 4% to US$5.4m, reflecting improving domestic and international trends as well as tight cost controls while Arby's increased 6% to US$10.2m.Growth in core products, new products and line extensions are expected to result in continued case sales growth for Snapple this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report