US: Snapple releases green tea range
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has launched a collection of Snapple green teas in the US that contain the antioxidant EGCG and help boost metabolism, it claims.
The teas, available in Original, Mango and Asian Pear flavours, have 55mg of the antioxidant per bottle, fitting in with the brand's "good for you" marketing platform.
Snapple Green Teas hit the US market next month in 17.5 ounce bottles and will retail at US$1.39, with a diet green tea scheduled for release this September.
Snapple vice president of marketing Holly Mensch said: "The development of Green Teas with EGCG is an important one, as consumers look for more out of their foods and beverages. They want pure, all-natural, high quality ingredients with great taste and real functional benefits - Snapple Green Tea is a perfect fit.
"Less than a third of consumers are aware of EGCG, and only 5% know that consuming green tea can boost metabolism."
Self-regulatory moves announced by the US soft drinks industry this week have been condemned by advocates of tougher legislation. But, writes Ben Cooper, self-regulation often attracts such criticism ...
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) is to tweak the labelling on 7-Up to promote the product's "all-natural" recipe....
Two Cadbury Schweppes bottlers in the US have agreed to handle the Cinnabon latte brand in 33 states after their parent signed a deal with BYB Brands....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has secured the distribution and bottling rights to three Cadbury Schweppes brands in Northern California....
Snapple has lined up a range of red teas for release in the US....
US soft drinks group The Switch Beverage Co. has named a former innovation director for Snapple ice teas as its president....
Cadbury Schweppes has warned that "strong progress" from its drinks business in the Americas is being hit by costs in the UK and Nigeria....
The Switch Beverage Company has named Maura Mottolese as president of the carbonated juice firm....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018