USA: Snapple Elements and Dennis -dRom- Derammelaere are Equipped to Win the Gold !
Meet Snapple's Latest Team Member: dRom, World Class Street Luger and X Game ChampionDennis Derammelaere, better known as dRom, spends his time speeding down mountains at 80 mph, a half-inch above the ground, with no brakes to rely on and five other fierce competitors playing bumper cars along the way. Fitting that he would call on Snapple Elements(R) to provide him with the fire he needs to ensure his gold in the street luge competition at the 2000 ESPN X Games and NBC Gravity Games. The partnership is sure to defy gravity as Snapple Elements and dRom take to the pavement in August. Street luge, one of the hottest and fastest growing extreme sports, has evolved from an underground past time to the premiere event at the X-Games and Gravity Games. Combining auto racing engineering and technology with ice luge racing techniques, street luge is a non-motorized sport that gives new meaning to being one with the road. A five time X Game medalist as well the 1998 Guiness Book of World Record holder, for most medals won during the X Games, dRom, is known as the consummate professional. His clean-cut racing style has labeled him the ultimate sportsman on and off the track. "With Elements on my side," said dRom, "I know that I will have all the fuel I need to flatten the competition." For the race, dRom will be encased in an aerodynamic body cast. The one-of-a-kind suit he will be sporting features the Snapple Elements signs as dRom hopes to be propelled by the forces of nature. "Snapple Elements is always supportive of innovation," said Steve Jarmon, vice president Snapple communications, " dRom was a pioneer of street luge in its infancy at the X Games and Gravity Games and its popularity has been paving the way for future extreme athletes." Look for the signs in the Elements line of all natural, herbally enhanced beverages with flavors such as Sun, Fire, Earth, Lightning, Moon, Rain, Gravity and Meteor, as well as two new flavors -- Altitude and Sky. Log onto
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research