USA: Snapple Elements and Dennis -dRom- Derammelaere are Equipped to Win the Gold !
Dennis Derammelaere, better known as dRom, spends his time speeding down mountains at 80 mph, a half-inch above the ground, with no brakes to rely on and five other fierce competitors playing bumper cars along the way. Fitting that he would call on Snapple Elements(R) to provide him with the fire he needs to ensure his gold in the street luge competition at the 2000 ESPN X Games and NBC Gravity Games. The partnership is sure to defy gravity as Snapple Elements and dRom take to the pavement in August.
Street luge, one of the hottest and fastest growing extreme sports, has evolved from an underground past time to the premiere event at the X-Games and Gravity Games. Combining auto racing engineering and technology with ice luge racing techniques, street luge is a non-motorized sport that gives new meaning to being one with the road.
A five time X Game medalist as well the 1998 Guiness Book of World Record holder, for most medals won during the X Games, dRom, is known as the consummate professional. His clean-cut racing style has labeled him the ultimate sportsman on and off the track. "With Elements on my side," said dRom, "I know that I will have all the fuel I need to flatten the competition."
For the race, dRom will be encased in an aerodynamic body cast. The one-of-a-kind suit he will be sporting features the Snapple Elements signs as dRom hopes to be propelled by the forces of nature. "Snapple Elements is always supportive of innovation," said Steve Jarmon, vice president Snapple communications, " dRom was a pioneer of street luge in its infancy at the X Games and Gravity Games and its popularity has been paving the way for future extreme athletes."
Look for the signs in the Elements line of all natural, herbally enhanced beverages with flavors such as Sun, Fire, Earth, Lightning, Moon, Rain, Gravity and Meteor, as well as two new flavors -- Altitude and Sky. Log onto www.snapple.com.
The Snapple Beverage Group, a unit of Triarc Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRY), has a beverage brand portfolio that includes Snapple(R), Mistic(R), Royal Crown(R) and Stewart's(R).
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends