UK: S&N to sell pubs, buy Bulmer and SCC
The UK-based brewer Scottish & Newcastle has announced that it intends to make a full disposal of its managed retail business of 1,450 pubs, restaurants and lodges. In addition S&N also said today that it was in advanced negotiations to acquire full control of the Portuguese brewer Sociedade Central de Cervejas (SCC) and that it had launched a takeover bid for the beleaguered UK cider producer Bulmer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign