UK: S&N to raise £2bn from property deal
Scottish & Newcastle is reported to be looking at raising up to £2bn from a property deal on its 1450-strong pub estate. S&N, a report in the UK newspaper the Independent, wants to keep the pubs but has decided that owning the freeholds no longer makes economic sense. In an interview with The Independent Brian Stewart, the group's chairman, when asked if he would keep the pubs said: "Yes, I think so. It depends on values and performance. But I'm not sure we should necessarily own all the property." Asked when a deal might be struck he said: "Possibly this year."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne