UK: S&N to raise £2bn from property deal
Scottish & Newcastle is reported to be looking at raising up to £2bn from a property deal on its 1450-strong pub estate. S&N, a report in the UK newspaper the Independent, wants to keep the pubs but has decided that owning the freeholds no longer makes economic sense. In an interview with The Independent Brian Stewart, the group's chairman, when asked if he would keep the pubs said: "Yes, I think so. It depends on values and performance. But I'm not sure we should necessarily own all the property." Asked when a deal might be struck he said: "Possibly this year."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits