UK: S&N to merge Waverley and Beer Seller - report
Scottish & Newcastle is reportedly planning to merge its wine and spirits business with its drinks wholesaler. According to the Scotsman, S&N could announce the merger between Waverley and wholesaler Beer Seller in January next year.
S&N acquired Beer Seller when it took over Bulmers earlier this year. The Scotsman quoted a company spokesman, saying S&N is looking "seriously" at the merger.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research