UK: S&N to buy Chongqing Breweries stake
The UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) today said it has signed a binding legal documentation with Chongqing Breweries (CBG) in China.
S&N will purchase a 19.5% stake in the CBG owned Chongqing Brewery Company Ltd, at a price of Rmb 525m (£35m) in cash.
"This equity investment will be used to further develop Chongqing Breweries, which currently ranks sixth in China and operates 18 breweries, primarily in the South West region," the company said in a statement.
Completion of the transaction is expected in a few months and is dependent on the necessary Chinese government approvals.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp