UK: S&N to buy Chongqing Breweries stake
The UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) today said it has signed a binding legal documentation with Chongqing Breweries (CBG) in China.
S&N will purchase a 19.5% stake in the CBG owned Chongqing Brewery Company Ltd, at a price of Rmb 525m (£35m) in cash.
"This equity investment will be used to further develop Chongqing Breweries, which currently ranks sixth in China and operates 18 breweries, primarily in the South West region," the company said in a statement.
Completion of the transaction is expected in a few months and is dependent on the necessary Chinese government approvals.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research