UK: S&N to buy Chongqing Breweries stake
The UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) today said it has signed a binding legal documentation with Chongqing Breweries (CBG) in China.
S&N will purchase a 19.5% stake in the CBG owned Chongqing Brewery Company Ltd, at a price of Rmb 525m (£35m) in cash.
"This equity investment will be used to further develop Chongqing Breweries, which currently ranks sixth in China and operates 18 breweries, primarily in the South West region," the company said in a statement.
Completion of the transaction is expected in a few months and is dependent on the necessary Chinese government approvals.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends