UK: S&N ties up cricket deal for Strongbow
Scottish & Newcastle has tied up a cricket sponsorship deal in the UK for its flagship cider brand Strongbow.
The UK's largest brewer said today (31 March) that Strongbow would become an official partner of cricket's Twenty 20 Cup competition, which begins on 27 June and lasts until 12 August. The sponsorship deal is part of a GBP22m (US$38.2m) warchest set aside by S&N to support Strongbow this year.
Rob Calder, brand manager for ciders at S&N, said: "The Twenty 20 Cup has captured the imagination of match spectators and television audiences alike since its inception in 2003 and the competition fits perfectly with the Strongbow brand."
S&N said the deal secured prime perimeter advertising plus additional branding on the pitch and boundary ropes at all matches.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit