UK: S&N replaces UK MD on acting basis
Scottish & Newcastle has appointed an acting managing director for its UK arm.
The brewer, whose UK MD John Dunsmore switched positions last month, confirmed today (26 June) that Tim Seager, the current marketing director of S&N UK, will assume the post on an acting basis.
"I have decided to appoint Tim on an acting basis so that he can quickly make an impact in building the momentum already established," said Dunsmore, who is now MD of the newly-created Western Europe division within S&N. "This puts the UK, which accounts for the largest part of our Western European operating profits, in excellent hands."
Dunsmore, meanwhile, will be free to make "an immediate contribution to the wider Western European business," the company noted.
Seager joined S&N at the beginning of 2004, and has overseen the UK's marketing strategy and new product development programme.
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
Drinks Americas Holdings has raised around US$3m from a private placement....
Lion Nathan's purchase of Tasmanian brewer J. Boag & Son took a step nearer today (19 December), with the trans-Tasman drinks company gaining informal approval for the acquisition from competition aut...
Fuller, Smith & Turner has confirmed details of its finance director change....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
The UK Takeover Panel has set a deadline for Carlsberg and Heineken's pursuit of Scottish & Newcastle....
This month's latest drinks releases include a beverage containing pollen and an all-red anti-aging drink, according to recent research....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer