UK: S&N remains in talks over Baltika licence
Scottish & Newcastle said today (1 March) that it remains locked in talks over its plan to start brewing Russian beer Baltika in the UK.
A spokesman for S&N UK, the brewer's domestic arm, said discussions with BBH and Carlsberg are ongoing.
"We're close but we're not there yet. We're in the middle of negotiations," the spokesman told just-drinks. "We're very, very keen to do great things with the Baltika brand. Negotiations are continuing; watch this space."
Baltika No. 3 is only available in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh on a limited basis. The brand would likely be handled through S&N's speciality beers division, under which it produces Spanish premium brand San Miguel.
C&C Group has flagged up yet more warnings that it's struggling in its most recent trading statement....
India's United Breweries has outlined plans to expand its capacity over the next three years, according to reports....
Diageo has posted a lift in operating profit, despite only a minor rise in sales for its latest fiscal year....
InBev has reported a strong showing in its second quarter, despite "challenging conditions" in both the UK and US....
Diageo will begin rolling out its new Guinness Red brand in central England from September, following successful trials in the country....
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed it will headline sponsor this year's Earls Court Boat show in London....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview