UK: S&N remains in talks over Baltika licence
Scottish & Newcastle said today (1 March) that it remains locked in talks over its plan to start brewing Russian beer Baltika in the UK.
A spokesman for S&N UK, the brewer's domestic arm, said discussions with BBH and Carlsberg are ongoing.
"We're close but we're not there yet. We're in the middle of negotiations," the spokesman told just-drinks. "We're very, very keen to do great things with the Baltika brand. Negotiations are continuing; watch this space."
Baltika No. 3 is only available in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh on a limited basis. The brand would likely be handled through S&N's speciality beers division, under which it produces Spanish premium brand San Miguel.
C&C Group has flagged up yet more warnings that it's struggling in its most recent trading statement....
India's United Breweries has outlined plans to expand its capacity over the next three years, according to reports....
Diageo has posted a lift in operating profit, despite only a minor rise in sales for its latest fiscal year....
InBev has reported a strong showing in its second quarter, despite "challenging conditions" in both the UK and US....
Diageo will begin rolling out its new Guinness Red brand in central England from September, following successful trials in the country....
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed it will headline sponsor this year's Earls Court Boat show in London....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends