UK: S&N plans Strongbow Gold relaunch
Scottish & Newcastle UK, the division of Heineken, is seeking an advertising agency to relaunch its Strongbow Gold cider in international markets.
The brewer said today (16 November) that it has begun a review of its advertising arrangements outside the UK, triggered by the cider brand's ongoing extension into international markets.
"Strongbow Gold is looking to appoint an agency with extensive international experience to create a central communications template which can be rolled-out in individual territories by local marketing teams," said a spokesperson for S&N, which will change its name to Heineken UK from 23 November.
Strongbow Gold was launched in 2007 in France, Germany and Spain.
The UK advertising account for Strongbow is handled by agency St Luke's.
Scottish & Newcastle said the UK agency arrangement with St Luke's will be "unaffected" by the project.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report