UK: S&N overhauls operating structure
Scottish & Newcastle said on Friday that it had made organisational changes, which will see it split its business into four operational divisions, rather than the two that exist now.
The four new operating divisions will include the UK led by John Dunsmore and France led by Didier Lefèvre.
On top of that there will be a Greater Europe and the USA division, consisting of Western European markets outside France and the UK, the US business, and Eastern European markets, including responsibility for S&N's interests in Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH). This division will be led by John Nicolson, who will join the Board of BBH as part of these changes.
Finally there will be an Asian development markets division. This new division will have particular responsibility for developing partnerships in India (through Millennium Beverage JV) and in China with Chongqing Brewery. This division will be led by John Hunt who was previously Finance Director of the International Beer Division.
The company said the changes would also see greater group wide integration of key functional roles.
S&N will integrate marketing, production, procurement, finance, information services, and human resources in order to try make the most of its international scale.
The new structure will take effect from the 28th June 2004.
Tony Froggatt, chief executive officer said: "This is an important step in enabling S&N to optimise the potential of our great brands and get closer to our customers and consumers.
The changes announced today will strengthen our focus and will improve the quality and integration of functional support for each business in all our key markets."
Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH) has received another complaint about its planned Russian integration moves, according to press reports....
Baltic Beverages Holding AB is looking to expand its operations in Kazakhstan. The joint venture group, owned by Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg, is looking to double the output of its brewery in t...
Baltic Beverages Holdings (BBH) will not issue an improved offer to minority shareholders in its Baltika brewery, according to press reports....
A minority shareholder in Danish brewing group Carlsberg A/S has lodged a complaint about how the brewer represents its Russian joint venture in its accounts, calling on the company to set up an indep...
Minority shareholders in Voronezhsky brewery are looking to block the company's merger with Yarpivo, according to local reports....
The battle between Baltic Beverages Holding and its minority shareholders is escalating....
Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH) has issued an open letter to the minority shareholders in its subsidiary companies in Russia....
Baltic Beverages Holding AB (BBH) said today that management initiatives within sales and marketing had driven a continuation of the strong growth in both volumes and net sales shown in the second hal...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research