UK: S&N mulls bringing Baltika home
Scottish & Newcastle is hoping to secure a deal to brew Russian beer brand Baltika in the UK early next year, just-drinks understands.
The UK brewer is mulling plans to brew Baltika No. 3 in the country under licence from Baltic Beverages Holding, its Eastern European venture with Carlsberg.
BBH chairman told John Nicolson told just-drinks that the two companies were "seriously considering" brewing Baltika directly in the UK. The brand is only available in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh on a limited basis. Nicolson, however, refused to comment further.
An S&N spokesman said Baltika would be handled through the brewer's speciality beers division, under which it produces Spanish premium brand San Miguel.
Commercial details, such as royalty fees, have yet to be agreed, the spokesman said. "Everything has to be agreed with BBH, S&N and Carlsberg but (an agreement) is not fully nailed down."
Analysts have played down the prospect of Dutch brewing giant Heineken bidding for UK-based rival Scottish & Newcastle. Shares in S&N rose this morning (30 March) as the market buzzed with speculation...
SABMiller has defended its decision not to pursue acquisitions in Russia after announcing that it is to build its second brewery in the country. The London-listed brewing giant said today (29 March) t...
The Coca-Cola Co. will next week launch Coca-Cola Zero in Sweden to further strengthen its position in the country's booming no-sugar carbonates segment....
SABMiller is to build its second brewery in Russia as it looks to capitalise on growing sales in the country....
Carlsberg has insisted it has no plans to quit the UK despite its position as the number four brewer in what remains a challenging market....
Vietnam's largest brewer Sabeco is reportedly planning to sell 20% of its shares in an IPO....
PepsiCo is set to unveil the apple-infused Pepsi Max Chill in Sweden, one of a handful of international markets in which it will launch the line extension....
Carlsberg-owned Ramlösa is to invest SEK65m (US$9.3m) to boost its bottling capacity and increase its mineral water exports by 10%....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research